- Screenings have been scheduled for you and your teammates once you arrive on campus.
- In preparation for this screening you MUST complete a series of on-line documents prior to 7/30/2018.
- Below is a brief description of the documents you must complete.
- Read over each description, as well as the directions which follow, to ensure you complete all documents.
Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (PPE)- The student athlete is required to answer the survey questions with honesty and to their best ability in order to pass accurate information on to the UC medical staff. Submitting a complete and correct medical history will greatly ease the pre-season screening process when these questions are reviewed with your licensed athletic trainer. You will not be allowed to receive your pre-season screening without completing this survey, and all athletes must pass this screening before beginning sport participation.
On-Line Insurance Enrollment/Waiver - The injured student athlete is sometimes referred by the Ursinus College Sports Medicine Team to outside medical facilities. In the event of referral to an outside facility your personal health insurance is used as primary payment, with Ursinus College providing a secondary insurance policy for official athletic injury cases. (Please Note; Detailed information on this secondary policy can be found at the bottom of this text section - SEE "Policy Statement For Athletic Insurance). To facilitate prompt care and effective communication with medical/insurance providers, you must complete the posted (On-Line Insurance Enrollment/Waiver Document) form providing information about your current personal health care plan.
- Student athletes and their families are required to access this document as needed to update insurance information each and every time a change in coverage/policy occurs. See the Ursinus College Wellness Center page on Health Records and Insurance; here for more information on insurance status change requirements.
- Student athletes are required to have their personal insurance card, or copy, on campus at all times.
- The student athlete will be required to bring this card/copy with them to their team’s Pre-Season Athletic Physicals.
- The student athlete should be prepared to produce this card as needed throughout the school year in order to facilitate referral for off-campus care.
- Policy Statement For Athletic Insurance - Download and keep this form. It explains the policy of the Ursinus College Athletic Accident Insurance.
Medical Consent - All students must complete and submit this document to be eligible to receive their pre-season screening.
Authorization for Release (HIPAA) - Completion of this document authorizes Ursinus College Licensed Athletic Trainers to release injury information.
A notice to FRESHMEN/TRANSFER Student Athletes: All student athletes new to Ursinus College (class of 2022 and transfer students) will have two additional requirements to complete.
- These students must complete the Ursinus College Confidential Health Record with the assistance of their primary care physician, and return this completed form to the Ursinus Wellness Center. This form is handed out during the New Student Orientation Program. However, a replacement copy is posted here (Ursinus College Confidential Health Record) for your convenience. Once completed by your doctor this form should be returned to the UC Wellness Center (before 7/30/18). Return instructions are on the form.
- The NCAA requires that all student athletes have knowledge of their sickle cell trait status, and provide proof of this knowledge to Ursinus College. Proof can be documented by; 1) having your primary care physician complete “Item H” on the Ursinus College Confidential Health Record, 2) providing laboratory results of testing, OR 3) completing the Ursinus College Sickle Cell Trait Form for NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics. Further information can be found under the "Misc. Forms" tab on this site, or by using the links in the form itself.
Completing Required Documents; STUDENT ATHLETES who are 18 years, or older...
Now that you have gained an understanding of the documents you are required to complete in preparation for your preparticipation medical screening, click here to access/complete these forms.
- NOTE; You MUST address/complete at least 4 forms;
- 3 are under the "here" link provided above (Complete Medical Consent, Authorization for Release, and PPE).
- 1 (On-Line Insurance Enrollment/Waiver) can be found by using the link of the same name above.
- Freshmen/Transfer student athletes should use the notes above to fufill their additional requirements.
Trouble Shooting On-Line Form Use:
Should problems arise, try;
- Using Internet Explorer
- Logging in using only your username - (omit @ ursinus.edu while logging on).
HOWEVER If you are still experiencing difficulty with any of the following;
- Following the link provided above ("here").
- Opening the required on-line forms.
- Completing the required on-line forms.
Please contact Ursinus College "Tech Support" by phone at (610) 409-3789 to obtain assistance.