- Screenings have been scheduled for you and your teammates once you arrive on campus.
- In preparation for this screening you MUST complete a series of on-line documents prior to 7/30/2013.
- Below is a brief description of the documents you must complete.
- Read over each description, as well as the directions which follow, to ensure you complete all documents.
Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (PPE)- The student athlete is required to answer the survey questions with honesty and to their best ability in order to pass accurate information on to the UC medical staff. Submitting a complete and correct medical history will greatly ease the pre-season screening process when these questions are reviewed with your licensed athletic trainer. You will not be allowed to receive your pre-season screening without completing this survey, and all athletes must pass this screening before beginning sport participation.
On-Line Insurance Enrollment/Waiver - The injured student-athlete is sometimes referred by the Ursinus College Sports Medicine Team to outside medical facilities. In the event of referral to an outside facility your personal health insurance is used as primary payment, with Ursinus College providing a secondary insurance policy for official athletic injury cases. (Please Note; Detailed information on this secondary policy can be found at the bottom of this text section - SEE "Policy Statement For Athletic Insurance). To facilitate prompt care and effective communication with medical/insurance providers, you must complete the posted (enrollment/waiver) document providing information about your current personal health care plan.
- Student-athletes and their families are required to access this document as needed to update insurance information each and every time a change in coverage/policy occurs.
- Student-athletes are required to have their personal insurance card, or copy, on campus at all times.
- The student-athlete will be required to bring this card/copy with them to their team’s Pre-Season Athletic Physicals.
- The student-athlete should be prepared to produce this card as needed throughout the school year in order to facilitate referral for off-campus care.
- Policy Statement For Athletic Insurance - Download and keep this form. It explains the policy of the Ursinus College Athletic Accident Insurance.
Medical Consent - All students must complete and submit this document to be eligible to receive their pre-season screening.
Authorization for Release
(HIPAA) - Completion of this document
authorizes Ursinus College Licensed Athletic Trainers to release
A notice to FRESHMEN/TRANSFER Athletes:
IN ADDITION to the forms above, YOU ARE REQUIRED to see your primary care physician with a copy of the Ursinus College Confidential Health Record form for completion. This form is handed out during the New Student Orientation Program. However, a replacement copy can be found at http://www.ursinus.edu/netcommunity/page.aspx?pid=4070. Once completed by your doctor this form should be returned to the UC Wellness Center (before 7/30/13). Return instructions are on the form.
Completing Required Documents; STUDENT-ATHLETES who are 18 years, or older...
Now that you have gained an understanding of the documents you are required to complete in preparation for your preparticipation medical screening, click here to access/complete these forms.
- NOTE; You MUST complete 4 forms;
- 3 are under the "Student-Athlete" Heading (Medical Consent, Authorization for Release, and PPE).
- 1 (Insurance Enrollment/Waiver) can be found under the "For All Students" Heading.
Trouble Shooting On-Line Form Use:
Should problems arise, try using Internet Explorer... HOWEVER If you are still experiencing difficulty with any of the following;
- Following the link provided above ("here").
- Opening the required on-line forms.
- Completing the required on-line forms.
Please contact Ursinus College "Tech Support" by phone at (610) 409-3789 to obtain assistance.