Current employment opportunities in Ursinus College Athletics:
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach
SCOPE AND SUMMARY OF POSITION
The position will support and assist the Head Strength and Conditioning coach in all phases of the strength and conditioning program. Duties will focus on providing and ensuring a safe training environment while directly overseeing the development and implementation of training programs for multiple student-athletes in a variety of sports.
- Assist with the design, and delivery of comprehensive strength, speed, agility, and conditioning programs for all assigned intercollegiate athletic teams
- Administer performance measures for each assigned team
- Implement and enforce all rules and policies with regard to the Strength and Conditioning program
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facilities as needed
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) in the form of C.S.C.S. or S.C.C.C. required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and motivate student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession and commitment to student-athletes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be a positive member of a team.
To apply, please send a resume to Eric Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletic Communications Student Assistants
The Athletic Communications Department, working for Athletics, is seeking game-day workers to assist with filming, spotting during athletic events and assisting with writing and statistical services. Applicants should have a flexible schedule and be able to work evening and weekends. Knowledge of sports is helpful but not required. Will train.
Spotters – Help with statistical compilation by calling out play by play during games
Filmers – Operate live streaming video cameras at games. No prior experience necessary
Announcers – Perform public address duties (pre-game and in-game announcements, including starting lineups, goals, etc.)
Broadcasters – Play-by-play and color analysts needed for Ursinus home football and basketball games, in addition to other sports when possible
Social Media – Update the athletics Twitter/Facebook/Instagram pages with live scores and other content
Photographers – Assist with team pictures, head shots, and potential in-game photography. Prior photography experience preferred
Videographers – Help the Athletic Communications office to produce video content throughout the athletic year, including game highlights and feature content
Writers – Assist the Athletic Communications office with game recaps, press releases, and features
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.